AUGUSTINE'S APPROVED Turmeric Powder (Certified Organic for Human) 100G
Great for Curries, Juices, Soups, Stews.
Key benefits for humans
- 5.6% Curcumin
- Protects against free radicals
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Powerful cancer fighter
- Anti-tumour properties
- Cardiovascular protection
- Antiseptic & antibacterial
- Natural liver detoxifier
What is it?
Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant, found in Indonesia and southern India, and is known for its widespread use in many South Asian and Middle Eastern countries. Widely used as a spice, it increasingly has been recognised as a powerful medicinal remedy that influences many aspects of your health. Most notably, turmeric has been found to reduce tumours in animals by an astounding 81% in over 9 studies. Researchers at UCLA have even found that cur cumin is able to block cancer growth.
In turmeric is also something known as curcumin, a natural phenol. Named for the plant from which its derived, curcumin is the pigment that gives turmeric its distinctive color and is thought to be the source of the many medicinal effects turmeric is being known to have. According to peer-reviewd research, curcumin alone is known to positively impact over 560 diseases.
While commonly used medicinally for decades, turmeric as an herbal medicine caught the attention of the modern world only recently. Scientists have only just begun revealing the exact health benefits of this plant.
- Turmeric powder has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it an ideal antiseptic used in homemade remedies for wounds.
- Research has repeatedly shown that turmeric is a powerful cancer fighter.
- Further adding on to turmerics cancer-fighting abilities, the spice has also been shown to help prevent breast cancer. Curcumin has been found to possess properties that reduce the expression of deadly molecules within cancer cells, and can potentially slow the spread of breast cancer.
- Turmeric can be used to naturally detoxify the liver.
- The spice is a natural painkiller.
- Research is beginning to show that turmeric may be effective at protecting against neuro-degenerative diseases such as Alzheimers disease. Epidemiological studies show that levels of neurological diseases like Alzheimers are very low in elderly Indian populations, where turmeric is a common spice.
- May be beneficial in treating psoriasis.
Whether you use it as a supplement or to spice up your favorite dishes, turmeric will assist in keeping you healthy.